Thursday, March 18, 2010

Virus!

Uh oh! This is a heads-up for all you Facebookers! Facebook, as most of you know, is the number one social networking site. Facebook is also, my favorite website of all time :). A virus is going around on Facebook, so watch out! Do not join any groups with similar names to this one: Change the color of your profile!
Learn how to type upside down!
Add music to your profile
Any other group or fan pages are okay, but these are not. These are how viruses get into your computer. They want you to do all this stupid stuff, and then it turns out, (as always) it doesn't work. If you have a Mac, you are safe, we are immune. If you have a PC or Dell, I would be careful and watch what you are joining and becoming a fan of. Also, remove friends who have the virus. Yes, it's not a fun thing to do, just explain what you're doing before you do it. One of my friends had a virus, and she kept sending me all these links to youtube and stuff. I asked my other friends that were also friends with her if they got them, and they said yes. I removed her, and she made a new Facebook, but that one was hacked and a virus entered it also. She removed herself completely from Facebook, and is only on Myspace.
If you get the virus, I would recommend doing what she did. Make a new page. If that also gets hacked, then you should join a different social networking site, but I would not recommend Myspace. Get AIM, or Skype, or Yahoo Messenger.
This is just a heads-up, there is no guarantee you will or will not get the virus! Hope this helps!
-Splash

No comments: